RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] safety systems

Looking at the grappling hook on Phil’s sketch I cannot see how it stays correctly aligned.  Also it might not work if the sub is on its side or at some angle.

The idea is good but the alignment needs more work I think.  Hugh

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Greg Cottrell
Sent: Friday, 27 August 2010 1:04 a.m.
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] safety systems

The JSL subs have releasable buoys like that. A reel on the sub lets it out and a grappling hook from the support vessel follows it down to grab the sub.

Greg Cottrell

Project Manager

greg@precisionplastics.com

http://www.precisionplastics.com

P please consider the environment before printing this email