Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Scuba tank hook up

Alan,

Picture six 50-gallon drums would equal 300 gallons. That sounds about right to me for a K-250

From: "Alan James" <alanjames@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 08:55:19 +1200

Hi Vance,
I thought the K250 would be about 5 times that volume.
If I knew the length & diameter of the hull I could roughly work it out.
The problem with the flow calculation is the pressure will be at 100 psi
or there abouts to begin with & then diminish to virtually no flow as the
pressure equalizes. I'm no good with those sorts of equations.
At that point the air in the hull will be squashed to 1/8th
its initial volume.( about 13% of the hull volume )
I can imagine lines painted on the inside of the hull with FILL TO HERE 200FT
written next to them.
Alan