Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introduction to the PSUBS group

Hey, I got your old fart, buddy.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, Aug 11, 2010 11:49 am
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Introduction to the PSUBS group

Dean wrote "The advice this old timer can give is do something you really enjoy"
Hi David and welcome aboard.
If you've been following the discussions you probably know there's a wide variety of interests here.
Feel free to jump in anytime. We appreciate different viewpoints and welcome input from all the guys.
Whether you plan on building a sub, or are just interested in all things under the water, I highly recommend a scuba course. It really is like visiting another planet. The cost in time and money is really quite insignificant when put in relation to a life time of future experiences and possible opportunities.
For me it was a life changing event and although there are some dangers involved, the benefits are huge in both fun and education. I've never made a dive I didn't thoroughly enjoy for one reason or another. You might think it's expensive but once you have your gear, it virtually costs just a couple dollars to spend the day in a place like no other on the whole planet !
As Dean said " do something you really enjoy" and when you get to be an old fart like us, you can look back at your life with great satisfaction.
Frank D.