Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pipe Specs

Just get a piece of bar stock and turn the OD to pipe diameter and then drill the inside to the pipe ID.  You only need short pieces of it right?  If you have a lathe, it's cheaper and easier then special orders.

Dan H.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:10 AM
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Pipe Specs

Hi all,

Pipe penetrations for the K350 show either XH, XXH or Sched 80 which i have used for all the through hull penetrations.

But, for the plumbing that will go internally, am i ok to use STD WT or Sched 40 pipe?  I can get this from my local shop, whereas Sched 80 i have to specially order.

For example, drawing number K350-23 snorkel shows an XH pipe nipple for the penetration but then STD WT elbows and fittings?

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks
James