Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention

The Indian River is an estuarian system, meaning that it is a coastal lagoon fed by fresh water as well as the ocean. In the short form, that means brackish water, rather than pure seawater. That said, the dive site at the port is in a direct line of sight with the Ft. Pierce inlet, and gets an infusion of straight saltwater twice a day. You are better off doing your trim calculations for seawater and vary the trim weights as needed once you get here.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: kocpnt tds.net <kocpnt@tds.net>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sat, Jul 3, 2010 10:22 am
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention

Hi All,

I'm beginning to prep Bionic Guppy for the trip south. Per Alec's info it looks like I will need about 400# of additional ballast. Is the area we'll be diving in regular salt water, or is it possibly diluted by a fresh water source. I'm trying to avoid putting a bunch of weight in side and needing to remove it once there. Any info will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jim K