Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:40:30 -0500
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Sea Trials - Bionic Guppy
From: kocpnt@tds.net
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi All,

Test # 5 was by far the best ever!

The long frustrating electrical problem with the port forward thruster is finally solved. While I ordered 3 101's I really received 2 101's and a 24 volt thruster. Unfortunately this was discovered only after purchasing another thruster and controller. Apparently, the controller tried to save the 24 volt thruster when current draw was too high, by shutting it down.

Also am beginning to get a good handle on the amount of reserve bouyancy availible. Went out with myself, another person 220# and 228 # of lead. Was able to get exactly neutral bouyancy  by taking on about 300# of water in the hard tanks (1/2 of my capacity). After blowing hard and soft ballast we were able to walk on the deck with out getting our feet wet!

NOW, I'm going to put my PSUBS stickers on my Guppy!

Best Regards,

Jim K