Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: Submariners Are Crazy

The Scorpion, a cold war era Russian sub, is berthed next to the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California.  It's open for tours.

A book I would highly recommend is October Fury by Peter Huchthausen, a junior officer on the USS Blandy during the Cuban missile crisis.  He tells of tracking the Russian subs and forcing one to surface.  The chapters alternate between US Navy view and the view of the Russian sub officers.  Huchhausen was able to interview many of the Russian officers years later and also had access to Russian archives after the fall of the Soviet Union. The book is readily available on Amazon.

-Jim T.