Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] submarine kit-builder's society

Marc,

Normally i get paid to give project management advise so i wil make it short...

This is what i would do.

You go to the junkyard and get a hydraulic cylinder, you put a model of your hull in there and test it.
Try to run a big number of pressure cycles to look for fatigue problems.

Do not discuss things with people that have much less idea of the subject than you have - face it - no one knows the answer to the question how a composite hull of this characteristics does behave. This includes the members this forum, me, classification societies, and the rest of the blue planet - so to get a answer don`t discuss - test it out.

As far as i know Graham Hawkes  is building a composite sub pressure hull (unround !) - so you are not all alone with this idea.

Wil
concretesubmarine.com