Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] the leak

Thanks Frank, but what solves problems is team work. The people struggling with this are pouring everything they have into the effort, guaranteed. I'd love to be involved with that, for sure. Running a team of that sort is intimidating as hell, however. When everybody is smarter than you.....well, it surely keeps you on your toes.....just to keep up.

Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, Jun 3, 2010 1:59 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] the leak

In a message dated 6/2/2010 12:29:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, vbra676539@aol.com writes:
There are several subs that work to this depth; 2 in France, 4 in Russia, 3 in the US & 1 in Japan. As to the rock pile, this is not a seep. It won't respond to any attainable level of gravel. I don't know the specific flow rate here but a hydrothermal hot spring pumps water out at about 2 meters/second. That's more back pressure than your average offshore dump truck could overcome. Besides, the BOP is intact down there. If they can get the riser cut, then they can cap the well, or better yet, pump it. Like T. Boone Pickens said: We need 20 million barrels of oil tomorrow morning.....just to get through the day.
Vance
This is the voice of experience. Too bad you're not running that circus down there Vance. I'm confident your common sense and knowledge would have stopped that thing by now.
Frank D.