Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] compensating

Might be time to build a tank for testing. I like hydraulic oil better than silicone. It is actually slicker. We used it by the drum with the Pisces boats.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Emile van Essen <emile@airesearch.nl>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Thu, Apr 29, 2010 3:01 pm
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] compensating

Hi, The compensation subject again…

We compensate the Eurosub engines with WD40. Work fine at depth but somehow the  engines create gas so we have to pressure relief the compensation bottles every few dive hours. I try to get thin silicone oil to see if that works better.

For the time being I wonder how deep Minn kota’s etc. can operate NOT compensated (no oil and plugged).

Any thoughts/ expirience ??

Regards, Emile van Essen