Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Another trivia fact

I'm sketchy on the details, but I've read a short account of a bathyscaphe dive, I think told by Ballard?, where he describes brushing a canyon wall on the way back up, and the concerns over how much dirt and rock was picked up, and whether they were losing gasoline. !! Quite a nailbiter and nothing the pilots could do but watch the fathometer.  (They did make it all the way to surface.)

Paul