Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Uploading large schematics (was K1000 blueprint)

Actually, camera shots will work with large format prints, but it takes a lot of effort to get perfectly even, diffuse lighting, exclude all sources of glare, and so on. A flat-field copy lens is ideal, but an old trick is to use a telephoto lens set to its maximum focal length, which unfortunately requires a considerable standoff distance (camera on HEAVY tripod, original taped to wall, lens hood, bedsheets for diffusing the light, etc. etc.).

And of course the resolution has to be adequate.

All in all, better to go to a service bureau (preferably NOT Kinko's, who tend to be slipshod and unprofessional) and use their dedicated rotary blueprint scanner.

Best,
Marc de Piolenc