Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 5:13 AM
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Uploading large schematics (was K1000 blueprint)

I use the camera and then download the picture into the "paint" program that comes with every computer.
The resolution, size, and format can then be manipulated easily.
If I have a photo or drawing I want to share I shrink it down to 6" X 4" and then use the "right click" button to insert it into the email message. It only takes up a small amount of space. Using the JPEG format reduces clarity when it's shrunk that small but it goes through quickly.
Here's a sample......
The original photo was quite large when put into the paint program. It took up 4 computer screens. I then shrink it to 50% original size, change it to JPEG and save the new shrunken picture in a "send" folder.
When I'm writing a "reply" to the mail list I click the right button on the mouse and then click on "insert picture"
The pictures in "paint" pop up and I just double click on one in the "send" folder and it pops into the text mail page as a small picture.

This is Dan's "picker" from Michigan.
Frank D.