RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] revelation

Alan,

It is the most prevalent “noisy” fish on SONAR throughout the world…you just call it something different. J

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:17 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] revelation

David,

 was just sighting the stats on variation in range wich could also be applicable to your unit. ie their range of between 50 & 500 meters

means you could possibly get a result 10 x better or worse from one days testing to another.

Do understand that you are trying to acheive something cheaper than what you might have on

a nuclear submarine.

JAY, we don't have "CROAKERS" in pristine NZ waters.

Alan