RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lighting

Hello all I have found a source for LED light they are in a Titanium case set in epoxy or they have SS the same way flood or spot at the Miami boat show and the owner will do a deal for the members of PSUBs I have one that he gave to me for testing and will keep you informed

Brian

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 14, 2010 4:39 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Lighting

In a message dated 2/14/2010 11:39:03 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, hc.fulton@gmail.com writes:

I am waiting for samples of 50 watt LED’s and also some Car headlight LED’s

Hi Hugh. I've looked a bit ( not recently ) at LED's but never found any that bright.

The H4 bulb I mentioned was 60 watts low beam and 100 watts high beam and bright as hell. A 50 watt LED sounds real good. Much less heat generated, much more impact resistant, and longer life. I remember seeing the 25 LED array Phil had on the bench and it was pretty bright. Looking forward to what you find out.

Those flashlights by DiveRite are what  I used as the basis for my "wing" lights. The sockets in the FRP wings are 2" dia. to accept these. I saw them in a local dive shop and thought it would be an easy way to add lights without a thru-hull that can be upgraded to something more serious later. I see they have a newer 700 model. The ones I looked at were pretty bright, even in daylight in the store.

I talked to my machinist son-in-law about a month ago and showed him the regular Maglite I use around the house. He said he can make a seriously deep housing pretty easily if I can draw it up and get all the little parts together like bulb socket, reflector, etc.

Super bright LED's would be a great way to go.

Frank D.