From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org
[mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of F. Marc de
Piolenc
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 9:02 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] milestone

There is one school of thought that points out that odd-shaped particles
have a greater tendency to form voids where the cement paste doesn't
penetrate, and that graded spheres have better and more consistent
space-filling properties, besides being easier to move around during
application. I plan to try both in my test panels - I have access to
both crushed rock and alluvial and beach sand.

Good tip about the ribs - I've often wondered how best to handle them.

Best,
Marc

Brian Cox wrote:
> Marc,
>        I don't think there is any debate (kind of like global warming)
about