Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Steinke Hoods

Hi Cliff,

I dont remember well but I think I got mine also from Alec?

I have just sold four for the equiment of KSS Eurosub(3 action and 1 training unit)
Still have now 7 here and need for Euronaut just 5-6.
So one can be sold if no other way can be found for a nightmare of money..

Unit comes with new neck skirt from compress neopren because on most of mine units the neck skirt get pretty
hard and I let them replace by a scuba-suit manufactuer.
Neck skirt has no hole so you can make it to your personaly neck.

Here Emile just wear one for demonstration action:
http://www.finnsub.cz/garibaldi/images/2009-11-24-prvni-ponor/foto01.jpg
http://www.finnsub.cz/garibaldi/images/2009-11-24-prvni-ponor/foto05.jpg

But maybe for you it is a better and cheaper way:
Bring or send your damage unit to a Bimini/sail maker and just replace the clear face plate.
They have normaly the same material for the motorboat sprayhood windows.

New ones also available for around 3000 USD..

vbr Carsten

"Cliff Redus" <cliffordredus@sbcglobal.net> schrieb:
> Yesterday, I was conducting some pilot training for my boat including an emergency bailout and discovered a small crack in the clear face plate of my Steinke Hood.  My hood was manufactured in 1995 and my guess is that the Texas heat has caused the face plate in the appliance to degrade while in storage.  Has anyone been successful in finding a supplier for Steinke Hood's recently?  I got mine from Alec Smyth several years ago.

Cliff