Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Public Outreach Program

Alec. That's great. I really like the whole "public outreach" thing. I think this is possibly the most important aspect of the psubs group. For us to remain leaders in the world, we need to encourage our youth to pick up the torch and run with it. As a respected organization we are in a unique position to do just that....inspire the kids to dream and get involved. Outer space is cool for sure, but our ocean's hold the future and anything we can do to promote the education of our next generation will reap benefits for us all.
When Jon gets this material up, I'll add it to the materials ( with your permission and credit of course ) for some school presentations.
I've started a small collection of random stuff too and will make it all available to the club.
The videos that we have are very interesting ( yours especially ) and kids can't help but enjoy this new opportunity for adventure.
I think that as time goes by and our club matures, the "Public Outreach Program" could be a real contribution to the world and add esteem and acceptance of our group as a relevant source in the future.
Keep up the good work.
Frank D.