Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Deploying ROV

The way to do it, is to have the ROV fly-by-wire. In other words, the line cutter is self-contained within the ROV, which is controlled through motors and electronics. The cutter itself could be driven through either an electronic solenoid or pneumatics. You would already have both electricity and high-pressure air onboard, why not use them?

It seems like providing hydraulic pressure from inside the sub would be unnecessary and complicated, in my opinion.

Interesting idea though!

-Benjamin Arie