Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Working subs

Excellent news. This is a great opportunity to wring the sub out thoroughly. Can't wait to see it. Yes, paint on seawater resistant aluminum. Jaguar builds aluminum cars, but they make them shiny for their customers.

Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: MerlinSub@t-online.de
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Fri, Nov 27, 2009 4:52 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Working subs

Hi Vance,

The Co2 Filter was to small for three person. I add a second one.
The oilcompensator's for the side thrusters was to small
in the original configuration - I add bigger ones.
The boat was little lighter than calculate, so we had to much lead in the
cabin..
We add some nice stainless steel pipes close to the keelsides and  fill them
with lead sand.
More space for the feets now in the cabin.
Steinke Hoods neck rubber fabric skirt was hard over the years -
a dive suits manufacturer fix that for us one day before the expediton start..
Time was to short for deep dive test so did that on the spot.. :-o

Paint?? On seawater resistant aluminium?? Why? ;-)
We just add magnesium anodes before we leave for saltwater.
And add some 70 kg of lead to compesnate the salt density water.

Let me think - no real problems.. just some small child illness..

vbr Carsten

<vbra676539@aol.com> schrieb:

> Nice work if you can get it. I hope somebody had time to paint that thing. Any
problems so far, mechanical, electrical or otherwise?