Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Working subs

In a message dated 11/27/2009 12:00:24 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, alanjames@xtra.co.nz writes:
I'm making a small one man sub but would like to send
others down in it for short durations on the end of a rope, to give
people who would never dive the underwater experience.
Alan

Some good ideas Alan. Have you got any rough "concept" sketches you'd like to share ?
Will you be doing a K boat configuration ?
I'm waiting for someone to start a psub using Phil Nuyten's hull shape. Nice and small, light, and maneuverable. I for one was really impressed with the basic hull of his "deep workers".
I wonder how that "cast aluminum" one on the psub site is coming along. Some real nice work there.
It's just plain fun to watch all the different designs coming along.
As for sending people down who would never dive, wouldn't it be great to have a way to send kids ( high school age ) down to experience the undersea world. Even just 20 feet down in the right area with lots to see would be like a different planet to some one who's never scuba dived. I still remember my first dive.....unbelievable colors and critters everywhere. I was hooked the very first dive!
Frank D.