From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Benjamin Arie
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:03 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Subs and Habitats: Solar Power

Of course we've all thought about using solar panel as a method of recharging batteries, particularly for a surface-supplied habitat or surfaced sub.

Here's an interesting tool to estimate monthly or annual solar power energy in a geographic location:

http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/redbook/atlas/

Looks like the best place for solar-powered sub is... the middle of Arizona. Wait a sec.......

-Benjamin Arie