Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Wikipedia like psub building wiki

Jon,

Yeah I see what you mean about the accuracy of the content. I guess a
publically editable wiki isn't something that can be relied upon for accuracy.

Wikipedia is a special case where there seems to be a large mysteriously funded
force that keeps it maintained, they way they want it. If you change something
on wikipedia, it seems to get changed back almost immediately. If psubs.org did
have a regular wiki, and there was an expert in each submarine building field
who verified each change to the wiki every day, I think that it would end up
being very accurate. But of course, that would mean having to pay people,
which can't really be done.

Alex

--
Mailed with XFmail on 30-Oct-2009.
God saved Noah, but Noah had to build an ark!