From: Brian Cox
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 6:18 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] R300 Dive 3

This is probably a dumb idea and for sure it would not work in water with low visibility - but, assuming that you have very good visibility, very clear water, what if you shot a laser directly up from your sub ?  how bad does a laser diffuse in water?  It seems like you could do that and you might be able to detect the light on the surface using binoculars.  During the day it would probably be difficult, but at night it might be possible.

Brian