From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of Smyth, Alec
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:16 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Convention video

My convention video is online. I initially tried Youtube, but deleted it when I found the file compression made everything outside the sub a uniform green. All the starfish and sponges simply disappeared, and it looked like we were admiring a painted green wall through the viewport. So, I've moved to another site that is not free but which offers better quality. It’s still jumpy and full of jagged edges compared to the DVD version, but at least one can see the starfish now. I think I'll be moving older videos to this other site as well. They have weekly upload quotas,  so look for about one video per week.

I'll mail Ray a full resolution DVD. The site where this is hosted also allows downloads of the full quality file for one week. Be forewarned if you choose that option, it's a VERY big download -- 784MB. But if you do have the patience for that, it certainly looks a lot better.

Be aware also there's a fade to black mid movie to separate two chapters. It isn't ended till you see the credits!

http://www.vimeo.com/6953274

Cheers,

Alec