Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:57 PM
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] WD 40 compensating oil

Alan,

Here's another option. I'm running WD40 now, but prior to that I had Marvel Mystery Oil in the thrusters for years without any issue. I did just the test you did with the Marvel Mystery Oil before installing it, leaving snipped pieces of cable from the motors in a jar of it for a time to see if the insulation degraded. It didn't. Also, I found it had virtually no electrical conductivity both before and after the test. Since the stuff is intended as a gasoline additive I figured it would be good for keeping things clean, and it has extremely low viscosity.

thanks,

Alec