RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] eBay submarine item

I seem to remember attending a presentation that Will gave on the submersible efforts he participated in out at China Lake.  Haven’t spoken with him in quite a few years, wondering if he is still kick’n.

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of vbra676539@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:07 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] eBay submarine item

Maybe. It was based on some high end sonar of the day, rather than visual. They spent a ton of money on the thing, and then couldn't figure out how to launch and recover it without turning the crew into cherry preserves. Then the sonar improved immensely, making the entire project redundant. Will Forman was building Deep Jeep at the time and said his entire life support system cost less than the TAXES on theirs, if they'd been paying taxes, that is.

Vance