Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hello; Design; Materials; Thanks

Alex,

Thank you for your concern, but clearly the sub would be designed to withstand greater pressures as a safety factor - as any right-minded sub builder would include.  Furthermore, your argument suggests that even the thinnest plate of marine-grade steel would succumb to the pressures of  50', which we know to be intuitively incorrect.  Even a "thin" wall of marine grade mild steel could most likely withstand pressures of 80'. Although I wouldn't know for sure, as anyone who has this information is remaining silent.

"I think the issue is that most of the people here on the list that will give you some advice have looked at what it costs to build a shallow ops boat and one that has a deeper range and conclude that it doesn’t really cost any more to go to a deeper depth."

Obviously, there are people on this board who know exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

And finally:  Indeed, why should the whales get more fun.