Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Battery charging

Hi Vance. Ya, as I understand it, specific gravity testing is the only reliable way to judge a battery's actual level of charge. I use a little cheapo one around the garage to check my bike and car batteries. When it starts showing a problem I know that battery will need replacing soon.
Phil has a big checkbook and can justify new batteries every season. Not so in my case.
The batteries in a psub are probably the most lethal component, right up there with the air system. It's something that needs some serious attention with regular monitoring/maintenance. Especially in a situation like mine where the batteries are inside rather than in separate external pods. Explosions and fire would most likely be deadly in such a small space. Not a lot of room for error there.
Frank D.