Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive planes

Still, you're a ton lighter than me (well, not me PERSONALLY, you understand). This project is looking really good at the moment and I'll start a photo log when the time comes. It's going to be a lot of fun. As to reduction gears, we were just talking about that. The 10hp Reliance motor the Perry used weighted 400 pounds and the reduction gear about 250 more. I'll be using less horsepower, however, and I'm thinking that the new aramid fiber drive belts (think Harley Davidson) might do very well. Pulleys and belts would be a whole heap lighter than the original.
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Recon1st@aol.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Mon, Sep 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Dive planes

That project sounds fun. Yeah I have been fighting weight since the first change from the
K350 plans hehhe love a challenge. right now I am at 5600lbs dry weight

I knew I would not be able to put in a gear reduction on my motor so I tried the smaller 14" and
will twist it about 1800rpm top side

Dean