RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] vasoline for O rings

Hi Frank,   Basically what I did was slice a regular aluminum scuba tank ( the kind they don't fill anymore)  around 5" in lenght so it's open at both ends.  Then I machined a ledge ( on the lathe) around the inside perimeter of each end .  The thickness of those cylinders are a little over  a 1/2" thick.  Right now I only have 1/4" plexi glass in there but I can increase that if I need to.  The retaining rings I made out of small slices of the scuba tank.

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 11:59 AM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] vasoline for O rings

Hi Brian. What will you use for the window part of the camera housing ?
I want to make an enclosure for a video camera and will probably use a plexi dome if I can find a small one.
At 8 inches across it could be machined from a solid chunk but I think there's some ready-made ones out there.
A plexi ring would work too. I could have one machined from the 3 inch thick plexi I'll need for my main viewport. The video camera needs to rotate inside the chamber like a periscope.
I haven't spent any time on the design yet, because what's available for the window part will drive the design.
See ya soon, Frank D.