RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Testing a home built sub.

PS:  I am going blind looking at the 1” = 1’ scale taking hundreds of measurements off of a small plan to an accuracy of 1/8”.  Gives me a better feel for the subject matter for when I am allowed to automate all of this with a computer program.  It is surprising how accurate this method is, have checked my measurements against dimensioning on the same plan drawn in CAD.  Getting better than 10/1000” accuracy and more often 5/1000” off of a 24 ft. hull drawn on a 8-1/2” x 11-1/2” sheet.

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 9:28 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Testing a home built sub.

Hey Jay, quit screwing around and get back to those books!

Ya, I'll be developing some "real data" when the time comes. One of the things I like most about being in this group is the way most of us approach the subject and like to have "real data" or experience. Not that I discourage free thinking and sometimes even just on-line dreaming, but so many good minds here to bounce shit off of......Just can't be found anywhere else. See ya in B.C. Frank D.