RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Testing a home built sub.

OOOPs!  Meant Fran.

R/Jay

From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of Jay K. Jeffries
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 7:39 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Testing a home built sub.

Brent,

If you can find someone to place some strain gages on critical areas of you hull, the readings would be invaluable in determining how strong your hull and viewports actually are.  While this might be an expensive idea, you might contact a local college that offers mechanical engineering degrees as taking the measurements and processing the data would be an excellent class exercise and provide practical experience.

R/Jay