Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] FEA Work on Acrylic CT for KLH-500

Hello Jon,

I'll be interesting to work up the models you spoke of on page 749. One key
thing I'm missing in my FEA work this far is what the sealing gasket does
for relieving some localized stress on the inside seating corners of the
domes, frustums, basic flats, and cylinder windows.  Giving that the gasket
would yield long before the acrylic, I'll have to isolate the acrylic, in
the test, in such a way, that the stress is allowed to continued to be
applied to the acrylic until it's material yields. Also I need to change how
the part is constrained. Since right now it is fixed to the plate, and not
allowed to slide in as it would in the real assembly. I've now found the
roll slide option, and will see how that changes the results.

Also now that I've run this cylinder with plates on both ends, with the same
pressure applied to there outer surfaces. I'm thinking I need to add a thick
plate like that to the bottom of my dome FEA assembly, and apply the same
pressures. Since the pressure on are subs underside is pushing up towards
the CT dome.

I'll try the t/D of 0.045 you spoke of and get back to you. I can run the
part with the ASME PVHO-1 minimum values, but I would need to run the values
of the cast acrylic Stachiw actually used for a really good comparison.

Regards,
Brent