Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Antipodes/XPC15/PC-1501

I like the saddle tank arrangement best. The subs I've seen with that are very stable, have some deck space, and best of all, no obstructions at the main front window. The down side is speed while submerged but with our little subs, that's not really an issue.
I considered saddle tanks for my saucer shaped hull, and even made some test tanks with the result looking sorta like a Manta Ray, but it wasn't stable front-to-back while surfaced. A "K" boat doesn't suffer that problem when saddle tanks are installed.
Frank D.