From: brenthartwig@hotmail.com
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Mussels
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 22:47:52 -0700

The inspection hatch could be made to open to the inside.

Szybowski

From: ShellyDalg@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 23:58:37 -0400
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org

Hi Brent.  I'm reading that the mussels can stay healthy for several days even when in a dry environment. Cool and damp is their favorite, hot and dry is bad.
I'll need to get the "tank inspection" plate so it's easy to open but is sealed really tight, even under difficult conditions like impact, pressure changes, and repeated use. I like the 1 inch thick plexi so I can see inside, and it's rigid enough to seal.
Gotta think about a gasket and hardware.
I'll be talking to the local park rangers and probably Fish and Game guys to find out what's acceptable and what kind of restrictions are being imposed. I'll report back as more information is collected. Frank D.