[PSUBS-MAILIST] Ambient running on nitrox

Hi psub experts,
What do you guys think of the idea of running an ambient subs life support on nitrox?
I'm building a very small fiberglass sub, almost canoe like. Eventually I want to build it 1 atm but
thought it would be smart to try the design out as an ambient first.
There might be close to 200 liters of air space in the hull. I have 2 x 80cubic ft tanks. If I filled them with
40% O2 it would take 2hrs 40min for the air to get down to 21% O2. This is in the worst case scenario of traveling just
under the surface. At 33ft I'd have 5hrs 20min etc. I could open a valve & flush the system any time & in the normal
course of a dive this would happen as the air expanded on ascent & filled on descent.
There is a dive limit of round 90ft with nitrox but longer no decompression times.  However I guess I would need
to stay inside this depth limit & keep to the air decompression tables to stay safe.
On the plus side, I won't have to get anything 02 cleaned, & its pretty simple.
Alan