Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Electrical thru-hulls

Hi Jon.  Ya, sorry, It's brass all-thread. The connector sockets on the ends of the wires will be copper. I'm using 1/8 inch rods, threaded brass, epoxy potted, then sealed with polyurethane.
After the things are assembled, the whole thru-hull will be painted with VULCHEM which is a polyurethane paint that's made for submerged applications like swimming pools, docks, and the like. I've used it many times before and it's tough stuff, lasts a long time, and for sure doesn't leak.
I worked on a wind turbine/tunnel at NASA and we used that stuff exposed to sunlight and some pretty rough handling. On another task I went and looked at it after about 5 years and that stuff was just as good as the day I put it on.  Frank D.