From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org] On Behalf Of vbra676539@aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 8:35 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Vent valves

THose weren't off anyone's shelf. They are essentially cartridge valves operated internally with air at 3000 psi. Solid stainless, and the things must weigh ten pounds apiece. But they simply don't fail, and even if a leak appeared, it would be a quick and easy overhaul which could easily be done right on the tank. That's hard to beat, operationally.
Vance