Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Tympanic membranes

Good call. If we are building our own subs, a little "overkill" is cheap insurance. I like the idea of having a plan to escape, and even training for it, but I sure as hell hope I never have to use it. I won't be taking my sub into water deeper than 600 feet. That will give me access to 90% of the continental shelf. I assume MOST of my dive time will be above 150 feet, but I want to feel secure in settling on the bottom at 500 feet if a problem develops. I'm hoping to test my sub down to 1000 feet ( unmanned ) with video and sensors remotely controlled as a final test of the sub's operational sea trials. Frank D.