[PSUBS-MAILIST] Rum Tasting 2010

OK guys, what do we want to do for the rum tasting this year at the Conference?  I will probably bringing to great rums: Zaya and Ron Zacapa Centenario.  The last is the top rum in the world for quite a few years and much better then the two featured last year.  These are contingent on availability upon travel back to the States.  I am sure members would appreciate any other additions to the larder.

We discussed getting a distinctive PSUB cup/glass for this function but Jon found that etching a brandy snifter was prohibitive in cost.  Recently I came across a great alternative if we can find a member with a CNC  unit, see attachments (if they made it through the firewall).  These were produced by a custom knife maker and were a very limited production (along with being pricey).  They have been machined from 316L stainless steel, tumble polished, and acid passivated (to minimize future corrosion).  They are a nice size and hold easily about 1 ½ ounces of your favorite adult beverage.  Ours would not have to have such fancy knurling if we could find a member willing to turn some out.

Definitely have to get back to school work now!

R/Jay

Resepectfully,

Jay K. Jeffries

Andros Is., Bahamas