Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] escape from sub

Would it be practical to wear a wet suit ( or dry suit) when escaping from our psubs? They are hard to put on, but would help keep you warm, and add buoyancy when at the surface. Why don't they use scuba tanks for escape? The article mentioned escape from 900 fsw.....OUCH!
Better to stay put and have the means to grab a hook dropped by a rescue boat. I was thinking a manipulator arm could grab a hook and attach it to the sub, so you and the sub could be hauled up. How the hook arrived below, within reach of the arm would need to be figured out, but escaping a downed sub doesn't sound very good. Frank D.