RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Salvage Laws

I'll meet you out there Frank!

Brian
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org [mailto:owner-personal_submersibles@psubs.org]On Behalf Of ShellyDalg@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 6:41 PM
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Salvage Laws

I know a guy near by that told me his grand father used to produce old Spanish gold coins from time to time. He said it was from a galleon that sank off the Ca. coast way back when, and his grand father's farm was right on the coast down near Paso Robles. He thinks he knows about where it hit the rocks. I checked a chart and there's a sea mount about 1/2 mile off shore that just breaks the surface at low tide. Near shore side is about 150 feet, while the other side looks to be a slope that drops off rapidly to over 1000'
I doubt there's any thing left of the ship, but maybe some cool stuff near the rocks. Maybe a cannon or something? Frank D.