From: ShellyDalg@aol.com [mailto:ShellyDalg@aol.com]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:39:00 EDT
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Oils for oil compensation

That's very interesting Alan. Let me know how it works out.
On the oil type, I've heard of guys using vegetable oil, because if it
leaks it won't pollute, and it's thin enough. Olive oil sounds good. I like the
 idea of testing it with water in a jar. Good idea. Maybe it would be a
good idea  to try several types of oil. There's some type of "di-electric"  oil
some  one remarked on before, and then the WD40 stuff. How about regular
3-in-1 oil?  Or maybe any light oil like 5 weight motor oil. A little bit
leaked out isn't  going to pollute anything.
Some oils will break down plastics like wire insulation or the epoxy
"potting" on armature windings. I don't think vegetable oil would do that.
How about some light Hydraulic oil?
 Anybody else got info on this?
Frank D.
**************Can love help you live longer? Find out now.