Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Flowserve Pleuger Azimuthing Thrusters

Hi Brent. Much of the losses described are from thrusters pushing a boat at higher speeds than we are likely to achieve with our little boats. The greater the speed or velocity of water past the thruster body, the greater the losses will be. A certain amount of "blockage " of the water is to be expected when the propeller is so close to the motor. A possible solution would be to use some type of extended shaft placing the prop well behind the motor, but that would mean having a fixed motor. The fix is worse than the problem. Frank D.