From: Recon1st@aol.com [mailto:Recon1st@aol.com]
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:06:48 EDT
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Minn Kota's

James and all the trick to the shaft is a heat gun.
The first one I tore apart like james ended up digging out the  threads yuk
Then I tried the heat gun. What ever the glue is that they stick it  in is
real low temp stuff.
I heated the base and it unscrewed real easy. Nice clean threads  and all.

And also the thread is a common thread just can't remember what it  is at
the moment.
I know I found a fitting for it at the local hardware  store.

Dean

In a message dated 7/6/2009 10:35:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time,