Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Subdate

Hi Frank thanks for the flowers..

<http://picasaweb.google.nl/submachine55/Kreideseesub>

The most reason for aluminium for the Kreideseesub MBTs was that they are better against impact as GRP tanks. The other reason was that GRP saddle tanks needs at least a big mold.
In that way and thinking about the workhours - metal tanks are cheaper and faster to build.

The aluminium win the race against the stainless MBT tanks because of stability issues - the calculation shows that stainless tanks are heavier even with less thickness.

Kreideseesub is a 2-3 man Seater and two person should be upright on
the deck without stability problems.

There are a lot of expierence from other boats we designed, build, drive or
have seen - in this little boat.

The pressure bottle can be easy replace with the boat in the water.

The emergency bouy reel can be start and stop from inside and the rope
can be return turned to the reel on surface station.

The controls are simpel and clear - the boat KSS-I will work also as school boat.

The standard version we build has a dive depth equal to a K-820
And can reach over 1000 feet for dive test purpose.

The clear acrylic sail around the top dome can be easy mount or unmount
depents on your mission - offshore or inshore.

The forward dome act as an emergency exit. And the guest leave the boat first..
captain leave at least or stays..

The motors have no pm controler - just step controllers and there
for the sonar equipment will be work without big snow and heavy trouble.

The servo motors are strong and self blocking - and can be easy remove
even on dive station if they are not work properly.

The batterys are inside - simple for maintance and easy build reason.
But also a contribution to the near future that modern batterys are much
more compact than the old lead onces. And maybe cheaper.

But the best is that we have beer holders on it.. and Budweisser, Heiniken or Becks fit in.
..and you can adjust the co2 monitor to a higher rate if you open to much bottles.

If the first boat is finished in some months, the drawings will be available to a price equal
to a K-820 or K-1000 boat.. But in euro.. And kit parts like thrusters, domes, milled parts, rudders, lights etc. also.

vbr Carsten