Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Re: Pressure vessel welding

I wouldn't buy a Chinese machine, but having a plasma cutter would be close to heaven for me. The new welders out now have a lot of electronics and offer a lot of options, like the square wave Alec mentioned. Although not required for aluminum, it's nice to have. I bought a used Lincoln TIG 250 for $500 and have used it for years. It's got copper windings and it's pretty much bullet proof. Being a TIG machine, it has the Hi frequency switch, post gas flow timer, and the basic AC/DC+/DC-. Not fancy or new, but one like it can be had for just a few hundred and will do every thing a home builder would want, and then some.
If you buy a Lincoln or Miller, you can get them serviced easily. Not that they require fixing a lot, but at least you know you CAN get it fixed. Besides, if we all bought nothing but American stuff, there'd be no such thing as a recession. Everybody would be working. Frank D.

Access 350+ FREE radio stations anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!