Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] underwater locators

That's a good system, I've used it before. The sharp sound can be heard quite a ways, and even a rough approximation of direction can be made. Sucks when the visibility gets bad. I know a rescue diver who regularly dives in lakes looking for dead people, and the visibility is often ZERO with mud and murk. The sheriff's dept. has some expensive underwater comm units with built in locators, but I heard they were pretty pricy. A google search would turn them up. Wasn't there a link posted just a while back about those? I remember seeing a wrist watch size thing like that, but again, it was pretty expensive. There was some kind of base unit kept on the boat, and voice comms were sent to the divers. Seems like it was possible to have a maximum of 5 divers on the system. Nice system if you needed it, and could justify the cost. I think it was around $15K, but that's just from memory, and mine's not so good these days. Frank D.

Great Deals on Dell 15" Laptops - Starting at $479