Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] heated sub

Vance I am not getting it either

Dean

In a message dated 3/15/2009 7:50:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time, vbra676539@aol.com writes:
I'm not getting through on this link. Is it me?
Vance

-----Original Message-----
From: Nomdae Plume <nomdae@hotmail.com>
To: personal_submersibles@psubs.org
Sent: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 8:43 am
Subject: RE: [PSUBS-MAILIST] heated sub

Hey Frank:

I posted this link a few months ago, but I'll post it again because it sounds like this is what you're planning:

http://www..rebreatherworld.com/megalodon-rebreather-articles/7286-homebuilt-meg-radial-scrubber.html

It's a homebuilt CO2 scrubber. I'm wondering if someone could also fill it with "Damp Rid", or some other kind of desiccant, to help control moisture. It would be interesting to have a system that passed cabin-air through the drying canister, then through the CO2 scrubber, then injected O2 before blowing it over the viewports to keep them clear.

As for my heating/cooling needs, I'm not going to worry about it.  My sub will be a dark color (brown), and I'll be running it in water that'll be about 72 degrees average. If, after a few dives, I find myself sweltering or shivering, I'll think up something to fix the problem.